[horde] Backup and easy restoration of calendars/contact lists, ...

Juan Segovia jsegovia.spamina at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 14:29:57 UTC 2017

Dear All,

I want to ask for advice regarding options for implementing a self-service
restoration mechanism of Horde's calendars and contact lists, where the
"user" is a support personnel with access to a web-based UI (exclusively)
acting on behalf of their end-user.

We currently back up Horder's collaboration data via database dump. It
certainly works, but restoring calendars/contact lists for specific users
to a given time in the past is cumbersome.

We have explored the option of exporting the individual collections as .vcf
/ .ics, but the process seems to be resource intensive (in terms of CPU &
I/O) and is slow (up to several minutes per collection), which in our
environment is not scalable (thousands of mailboxes, with complex resource
sharing).

I'd appreciate if you can share what mechanisms you are using, or if you
can provide pointers or suggestions.

Regards,

Juan