[horde] Old appointments got removed -- why?

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Thu Apr 20 20:35:26 UTC 2017

Citeren Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> On 20 Apr 2017 21:38, "Jan Schneider" <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>>

>> Zitat von Christian Wolf <christian at wolf-stuttgart.net>:
>>

>>> Hello at everyone,
>>>
>>> I use horde now since november or december 2015. I am pretty sure, that
>>> I added appointments in 2015.
>>>
>>> Now I wanted to look up some old events in 2015 and saw that there were
>>> no appointments anymore. The first appointment is on 2016-01-04. As we
>>> are in year 2017 now I am wondering if there is some automatic removal
>>> in horde kronolith present. I found something in the settings but the
>>> check box is not checked.
>>> Was there maybe a bug and the box was not evaluated correctly?
>>>
>>> I am using horde 5.2.16 and kronolith 4.2.18 at the moment. This is of
>>> course only the actual version number. Also I see that there are
>>> updates, which I will soon install.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much
>>> Christian Wolf
>>

>> Yes, there is a login task to delete old events, and yes, it needs to be
> activated to be triggered. So either this was active at one point, maybe
> even locked as a preference. Or some external client "cleaned up" your old
> events.
>
> I would like to disable such a task globally.  How?

The following in 'kronolith/config/prefs.local.php' should lock the
value to 'disabled':

   <?php
   $_prefs['purge_events']['value'] = 0;
   $_prefs['purge_events']['locked'] = true;

This may not help for users that already have enabled this preference
before. I usually globally remove any preference I lock from the
storage backend for all users. In this case, you'd be looking for the
'horde_prefs' table and remove the rows with 'pref_scope' kronolith
and 'pref_name' purge_events. YMMV.