[horde] Custom log file for Horde instead of SYSLOG

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Jun 11 14:44:04 UTC 2017

Quoting balia <balia-horde at tonimax.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I have set horde logging to 'DEBUG' but I don't want all the horde
> messages to go to SYSLOG.
> Instead I want horde to log to a custom log file such as /var/log/horde.log
>
> I have modified conf.php as follows:
>
> $conf['log']['priority'] = 'DEBUG';
> $conf['log']['ident'] = 'HORDE';
> // $conf['log']['name'] = LOG_USER;
> $conf['log']['name'] = "/var/log/horde.log";
> //$conf['log']['type'] = 'syslog';
> $conf['log']['type'] = 'file';
> $conf['log']['enabled'] = true;
> $conf['log_accesskeys'] = false;
> $conf['log']['params']['append'] = true;
>
> But all the log messages still go to SYSLOG.
> What is missing?
> Thank you.

That looks correct. You are missing the format parameter, but that
wouldn't cause your symptoms.

You should always use the web interface to make these type of changes
when possible. That being said, check to be sure you are editing the
conf.php file that is actually being read, be sure to sign out/in, and
check that there are no other conf.php files being loaded (like from
conf.d directory, for instance).

--
mike
The Horde Project