[horde] Unclear error message - any hints?

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Tue Jun 13 15:23:43 UTC 2017

Hi *,

I have three "external accounts" in my Horde webmail interface, one of
them generates an "interesting" error message.

I have logged in to that account via Horde (as well as to the other
two) and see the corresponding "inbox" folder in the navigation tree
on the left of the IMP window. When clicking that folder entry, the
folder is opened in the right pane and I see a red popup stating
"contains hyphen at position three and four" (original message is
German: "Enthält Bindestrich an der dritten und vierten Stelle").
Horde's log does not list any messages when this happens.

The clicked folder is empty, as are the other two folders (inboxes of
the other two accounts). Checking these other two folders works
without any error message.

When there are messages in that folder, I can use them without problem
(selecting that folder may cause the same error message, but I simply
cannot remember for sure).

All three external accounts are for separate users, both the
troublesome and one of the normally working accounts go to the same
provider, they just differ by the user name (which is all lowercase
letters, in both cases).

Any idea what component might be delivering that error message - and why?

Regards,
Jens