[horde] Unclear error message - any hints?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Jun 14 23:50:21 UTC 2017

> Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Oscar del Rio <delrio at mie.utoronto.ca>:

>>> Source code:
>>> https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/master/framework/Idna/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/Horde_Idna.po#L32
>>> #: lib/Horde/Idna.php:63
>>> msgid "Contains hyphen in the third and fourth positions"
>>> msgstr "Enthält Bindestrich an der dritten und vierten Stelle"
>>>
>>> https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/master/framework/Idna/lib/Horde/Idna.php#L82
>>> * Checks if the $idna_info parameter of idn_to_ascii() or idn_to_utf8()
>>> * contains errors.
>>>
>>> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5891#section-4.2.3.1
>>> 4.2.3.1. Hyphen Restrictions
>>>  The Unicode string MUST NOT contain "--" (two consecutive hyphens) in
>>>  the third and fourth character positions and MUST NOT start or end
>>>  with a "-" (hyphen).
>>
>> Exactly. One or more of the email addresses in the affected mailbox
>> contains a domain that contains hyphens in the 3rd and 4th
>> character positions.
>
> Though this should not keep the mailbox from getting loaded, and
> IIRC we fixed such an issue not long ago.

This is what I was thinking of:

https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/a0449e5a14e0766f7f427c7e335a1a5322bc4252

It fixed the same issue, but not in the same place. Same root cause,
we are now throwing exceptions we were not throwing before, and some
of the libraries higher in the call chain leak the exception (which
can't currently be changed for BC reasons, since there is code in IMP
that relies on this).