[horde] ActiveSync Client(s) overload server

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Fri Jul 7 07:14:21 UTC 2017

Hi,

last days the partition of the SQLDB of Horde run full, I cleared the
problem and restarted the server. Since then ActiveSync clients have
problems to sync.

Five clients open more and more connections running with 100% CPU each, so
that within half an hour the load of the server increases so high, that
it is infact a denial-of-service. I have blocked them now.

Is there a way to limit active connections per client within Horde? If I
limit the access to the GUI on the firewall, people find the GUI unusable.

====

Other clients cannot sync as well, but do not consume noticable CPU time
in that way.

Before I ask about the sync problem itself, I'll update the Horde
installation to the latest PEAR packages, maybe something was fixed.
However, to have several ActiveSync clients take the server down is
troublesome.

Kind regards,

--
Steffen