[horde] Installing Horde 5

Harlan harlan.bloom at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 16:52:46 UTC 2017

Hello,
   I'm trying to get Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.2.12 installed on
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

   I installed Horde using the packages found in apt-get.  I've also
tried using pear directly; despite messages, nothing was ever installed
that I could find.

   In any case, I'm having problems getting the database tables
defined.  I have the horde user and horde database setup and working in
MySQL.  In previous versions of Horde I would put the user, password,
database name, etc. in horde/conf.php.  I tried this, it didn't work.

   Here is the error I'm getting from the Administration web page:

DB access is not configured.

   I'm looking for suggestions on how to proceed.

Thanks,

Harlan...