[horde] Installing Horde 5

Vijay Sankar vsankar at foretell.ca
Fri Jul 21 23:43:13 UTC 2017

Quoting Harlan <harlan.bloom at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>   I'm trying to get Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.2.12 installed
> on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
>
>   I installed Horde using the packages found in apt-get.  I've also
> tried using pear directly; despite messages, nothing was ever
> installed that I could find.
>
>   In any case, I'm having problems getting the database tables
> defined.  I have the horde user and horde database setup and working
> in MySQL. In previous versions of Horde I would put the user,
> password, database name, etc. in horde/conf.php.  I tried this, it
> didn't work.
>
>   Here is the error I'm getting from the Administration web page:
>
> DB access is not configured.
>

>   I'm looking for suggestions on how to proceed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Harlan...

Hi Harlan,

I am an OpenBSD user so possibly what I am saying is not applicable to
Ubuntu. However, because I really like the Horde framework (just a
user, not very knowledgeable about PHP) as well, just wanted to
mention that we get the same error in OpenBSD when I use "localhost"
instead of "127.0.0.1" for the database server (in my case postgresql).

Hope this is helpful.

Vijay
--
Vijay Sankar, M.Eng., P.Eng.