[horde] Horde 5.2.20 Authorization on Android

David Yossef Malka dmparis67 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 09:56:11 UTC 2017

> On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 12:40:09 +0100
> David Yossef Malka <dmparis67 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Running Horde 5.2.20 on a CentOS 6.8 VM.  All modules are the latest
> > version.
> >
> > The set-up we use is that I have an iPhone, my wife has a Samsung
> > Galaxy 7.
> >

> > We both log in using one common username and password.
> >
> > When I add an event on the web interface, it (almost) immediately
> > appears on my iPhone calendar app, but not on my wife's Samsung.
> >
> > If _she_ adds an event on her telephone, I can see it on the web
> > interface and on my iPhone.  If I delete it, it disappears from the
> > web client and on my iPhone, but stays on her telephone.
> >
> > /var/log/messages shows:
> >
> > Aug  7 10:00:36 www HORDE: [kronolith] Permission denied or calendar.
> > "ds14h6sh465s64g5hs6f" ignored. [pid 20611 on line 494 of
> > "/usr/share/horde/kronolith/lib/Api.php"]
> >
> > I'm tempted to say that she has entered the wrong password, but it's
> > my password - she knows it - and if it were incorrect, she wouldn't
> > be able to add an event, would she?  Nor would I, for that matter.
> >
> > One thing perhaps worth noting: ntpd is running on the sevrer, but
> > when I ssh'ed in this morning, I saw that the date was one hour
> > ahead.  ntpd had died.  I set the time manually, restarted ntpd and
> > expected that that would fix it.  It didn't.
> >
> > Any ideas, gratefully received.
>

> Android auto-completion insists on putting a capital letter to logins.
> In that case, I noticed that kronolith login successfully completes,
> but some functions misbehave with "permission denied" in the logs, as
> if some parts of kronolith are case-sensitive and some other parts are
> not.
>
> Did you check that your login case is consistent?

Yeah, they're consistent.  Everything is lowercase.

Just checking the logs from this morning....

XXX.XXXX.XXX.XXX - me at mydomain.com [08/Aug/2017:10:12:09 +0100] "POST
/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?User=me at mydomain.com&DeviceId=9876543231&DeviceType=iPhone&Cmd=Ping
HTTP/1.1" 200 13

XXX.XXXX.XXX.XXX - me at mydomain.com [08/Aug/2017:10:23:27 +0100] "POST
/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=Ping&User=me%40mydomain.com&DeviceId=123456789&DeviceType=SAMSUNGSMG930F
HTTP/1.1" 200 -

I note that on my wife's Samsung, the @ sign is rendered as '%40', whereas
on my phone, it's a genuine '@'.

Could this be a clue?