[horde] Duplicate entry in horde_activesync_state

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Aug 16 11:27:25 UTC 2017

Quoting lg at wb7.eu:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am using the current version (5.2.21) of Horde on PHP 7.1, Debian based.
>
> Since today, syncing tasks over ActiveSync is suddenly impossible -
> neither Outlook 2016 nor Task&Notes on Android are able to sync.
> When trying to sync, the log file fills with entries like this:
>
> 2017-08-16T12:47:38+02:00 ERR: HORDE SQL QUERY FAILED:
> SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate
> entry '{59941a2f-314c-47a8-b8a1-7d0dbc442056}4' for key 'PRIMARY'
>         INSERT INTO `horde_activesync_state` (`sync_key`, `sync_data`,
>           `sync_devid`, `sync_mod`, `sync_folderid`, `sync_user`,
>           `sync_pending`, `sync_timestamp`) VALUES (?, :binary0, ?,
> ?, ?, ?, ?,
>           ?) [pid 18045 on line 282 of
> "/var/www/horde/htdocs/pear/php/Horde/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Base.php"]
>
> Is there any idea how to fix this? I've tried removing the entries
> manually from the database, but they reappear (with a new UUID). I
> don't know why this happens since today.

This is normally an indication that the client either did not receive
the server's response, did not understand it, or the server response
was broken in some way. In *most* cases, this is a normal error and
the client tries again with the same synckey (which indicates the sync
point the client is at).

Enable ActiveSync debugging in the Horde configuration and post the
relevant log entries from that log for further assistance.