[horde] Fwd: Fwd: Install problems

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 21:08:41 UTC 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 6:29 AM
Subject: Re: [horde] Fwd: Install problems
To: Torben Dannhauer <torben at dannhauer.info>
Cc: horde at lists.horde.org

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 12:54 AM, Torben Dannhauer <torben at dannhauer.info>
wrote:

> > Am 30.08.2017 um 05:04 schrieb o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor at gmail.com>:

snip

> >> Try option 4 :)
> >>
> >> Use the --force flag to pear. At least Horde, Turba, Kronolith, Ingo,
> Imp,
> >> Mnemo, and Nag work with PHP 7.0.
> >

> >> Greetings
> >>
> >> Thank you for the suggestions guys!!
> >>
> >> So I used   $ pear install --force horde/webmail    .
> >> Still a failed install.
> >>
> >> If I install the 7 packages listed is that enough to run webmail?
> >
> > Tried installing each of the listed packages. Each using
> > $ pear install --force horde/Nag    (for example)
> >
> > Not one of the packages was installed. Each attempt seemed to also put in
> > an install for a whole raft of other packages as well - - - but nothing
> was
> > installed.
>
> I use horde with php 7.0 myself, so it is definitely working.
> I use the -force flag to install packages.
>
> You need to read the error messages in detail.
> To be able to help you, please specify exactly the command you used and
> also give us the output of that command...
>

>Rather than type out the mountains of text produced I'm attaching a file
which I think gives everything that I got.

>After a number of failed installs I used the kill command to halt things
preparatory to trying the next package.

snip

I sent a response (see above) to the list this morning. I had attached a
copy of what had been done previously
on my system. As the error messages are absolutely mountainous the software
referee cancelled the message.

How can I supply the requested information to the list?

Dee