[horde] Encrypt mails by default

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 12:30:46 UTC 2017

On 1 Sep 2017 13:48, "Paul Plankton" <paul.plankton2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, but this does not work as expected: When I enable this option, it
tries
> to encrypt ALL outgoing mails, no matter if they have a key stored or not.
> So it ends up in an error message for the "normal" mails - means it does
> not really work automatically...

As Jan says, there's a feature request (which I would also contribute to),
but it won't be easy or cheap I think.  Even Outlook doesn't handle this
well.  As soon as there's a recipient without a public key available it
tells you which and offers you three options (send unencrypted, continue
and cancel).

Simon

https://webmail.your-server.de/services/help/?module=imp&topic=pgp-overview>
> > PGP support requires popup windows to be used. If your browser is
> > currently set to disable popup windows, you must change this setting or
> > else the PGP features will not work correctly.
> >  Should your PGP public key to be attached to your messages by default?
[image:
https://webmail.your-server.de/services/help/?module=imp&topic=pgp-option-attach-pubkey

> >  Should PGP signed messages be automatically verified when viewed?
[image:
https://webmail.your-server.de/services/help/?module=imp&topic=pgp-option-verify