[horde] activesync not syncing mail flags

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Sep 4 14:16:47 UTC 2017

Quoting Philipp Faeustlin <philipp.faeustlin at uni-hohenheim.de>:

> Am 03.09.2017 um 06:27 schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
>>
>> Quoting Philipp Faeustlin <philipp.faeustlin at uni-hohenheim.de>:

>>> I don't want to post the detailed activesync logs in public, I
>>> hope you don't mind this mail.
>>>
>>> I did some testing with 3 devices.
>>> My Samsung (SEC1...) seems to work fine.
>>
>> The responses done via OL are not sent as a REPLY command, but
>> rather as a SENDMAIL command and as such, do not include the
>> original message uid and mailbox of the original email. We don't
>> have the data to mark the reply state. We *could* attempt to look
>> this up from the headers in the reply but this could be an
>> expensive operation - especially if we assume that the email could
>> be in ANY folder and not just the inbox.
>>
> I think OL sending an SENDMAIL command instead of an REPLY command
> is not correct, but is this a general OL problem or is it just mine?

It's technically not a requirement to send a SMARTREPLY instead of
SENDMAIL. It's up to the client. A SMARTREPLY also only sends the
reply text, and not the full email source - so if the client allows
you to edit responses "in-line", SMARTREPLY doesn't work.

> I will do some further testing with different OL and accounts.
>
> Question to the list, does anyone else have this problem?
> If not, what Version of OL and Horde are working?
>
> How is the Reply information send from Horde to the AS Client.

As properties in the "SMARTREPLY" command.

> Which phrase in the Logs I have to search for?
>>> Outlook 2013 (1F31...) doesn't show/syncs flags. Only flag show if
>>> answered via this devices but no sync to horde webmail.
>>>
>>> Outlook 2016 (3827...) doesn't show flags. (Log not included
>>> because of mail size)
>>>
>>> Test was as follows:
>>> 1. Receive "Test Nachricht 1"
>>> 2. Answer "Test Nachricht 1" via Horde Webmail.
>>> 3. Receive "Test Nachricht 2"