[horde] Horde CalDAV Sync

Harlan harlan.bloom at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 18:35:08 UTC 2017

On 09/07/2017 12:49 PM, Vijay Sankar wrote:

> Quoting Harlan <harlan.bloom at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello,
>>   Please bear with me, there are a lot of details below.
>>
>>   I've been trying to sync my android phone with Horde using CalDAV
>> sync and DAVdroid sync.  Both fail.  Below is the log file from my
>> phone for DAVdroid.  I've also had no luck with ActiveSync.
>>
>>   Is there some other app I should be running on my phone?  I prefer
>> the free ones.
>>
>>   What does the "405 Method not found" error mean?  What method is it
>> looking for?  Is there something not installed?
>>
>>   In a web brower I'm able to go to this URL
>> https://www.privatedomain.org/webmail/rpc/, enter my username and
>> password and see this listing:

[shortened for brevity]
> Hi,
>
> I am just a user of the Horde framework but have use Caldav and
> CardDav using the default apps on iPhone and Android.
>
> If you want to use CalDav, you should use
> https://www.privatedomain.org/webmail/rpc.php/principals/username
> If you want to use ActiveSync, you should follow the documentation re
> the Alias setting in httpd.conf
>
> Vijay

Hi Vijay,
   I tried your suggestion, but I keep getting the "405 Method not
allowed" messages.

   My username is user at domain.org.  That's how it is presented in the
URLs.  I've tried doing the URL substitution for the @.  that didn't
work either.

   Do I need to change my username so that it is not the same as my
email address?  Do I need to export all of my email, drop my account and
re-add it?

Thanks,

Harlan...