[horde] Transfer of Horde

Ralph Ballier ballier at mail.schule.de
Sat Sep 16 20:21:38 UTC 2017

  ----- Nachricht von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> ---------
  Datum: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 08:00:16 +0000
    Von: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
Betreff: Re: [horde] Transfer of Horde
     An: horde at lists.horde.org

> Zitat von Ralph Ballier <ballier at mail.schule.de>:
>
>> Hello,
>> I have horde from an old Linux server under Slackware to a server
>> under Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS transfer. Also the database should run on
>> the new server.
>>
>> So far I have proceeded as follows:
>> - On the new server: apt install horde (I think that was ok)
>> - On the old server I have with phpMyAdmin the whole database
>> exported except the table horde_vfs (since there was a problem with
>> the later import)
>> - On the new server I have imported the exported database again
>> - I have the entire old directory /www/htdocs/horde transferred and
>> some data in config/conf.php adjusted
>> - When I called afterwards with the webbrowser Horde, the error
>> message "PHP Fatal error: Can not use 'string' as classname as it
>> is reserved in
>> /usr/share/php/Horde/Css/Parser/vendor/sabberworm/php
>> -css-parser/lib/Sabberworm/CSS/Value /String.php on line 5 "
>> What should I do? Or should I proceed quite differently?
>
> You are running an old Horde version on a server with a much newer
> PHP version. You need to update Horde too.
>
> --
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project

Now I tried a new installation, but it does not work. Either files are
missing or there are other error messages.For this I see the following
tworeasons: - The server is running php7.0 - I have tried to install
with both "apt-get install ..." and "pear install ...." and also mmit
"pear install -f ...". Maybe this is not good? How can I start all
over again? Or is it not at all because of php7.0?