[horde] SOLVED: Re: Transfer of Horde

Ralph Ballier ballier at mail.schule.de
Mon Sep 18 19:27:39 UTC 2017

  ----- Nachricht von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> ---------
  Datum: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 12:26:05 +0000
    Von: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
Betreff: Re: [horde] SOLVED: Re: Transfer of Horde
     An: horde at lists.horde.org

> Zitat von Ralph Ballier <ballier at mail.schule.de>:
>
>> ----- Nachricht von Ralph Ballier <ballier at mail.schule.de> ---------
>>   Datum: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 15:36:40 +0200
>>     Von: Ralph Ballier <ballier at mail.schule.de>
>> Betreff: Re: [horde] Transfer of Horde
>>      An: horde at lists.horde.org
>>
>>> ----- Nachricht von Grouchy Sysadmin
>>> <sysadmin at grouchysysadmin.com> ---------
>>>      Datum: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 07:10:32 -0500
>>>        Von: Grouchy Sysadmin <sysadmin at grouchysysadmin.com>
>>> Antwort an: sysadmin at i.grouchysysadmin.com
>>>    Betreff: Re: [horde] Transfer of Horde
>>>         An: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> Thanks for the hint. I had not searched for "localhost", but for
>>> the correct name of the mail server. Now the contact to the mail
>>> server works.
>>>
>>> Java still does not work. In the instructions is that you should
>>> examine everything exactly for error messages.
>>>
>>> I've found:
>>> "pear run-scripts horde/horde_role
>>> Including external post-installation script
>>> "/usr/share/php/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php" - ANY ERRORS
>>> ARE IN THIS SCRIPT
>>> Inclusion succeeded"
>>>
>>> Perhaps the errors are the reason?
>>>

>> The problem is solved.
>>
>> During the reinstallation, there were only a few javascript files
>> in the directory horde/js. These were probably only the new or
>> changed files. I then just took the javascript files of the old
>> installation and the new files overplayed. Now there are no error
>> messages.
>>
>> But why have not all javascript files been installed during a new
>> installation?
>
> They have, but probably not in the location you expected. You need
> to fix this properly, because now you have files from two different
> versions mixed.
> See https://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot#toc9
>
> --
> Jan Schneider

because I copied the new files over the old, it would have gone well.
  I had already mentioned above from the error message
  "pear run-scripts horde/horde_role
  Including external post-installation script
"/usr/share/php/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php" - ANY ERRORS ARE
IN THIS SCRIPT
  Inclusion succeeded "

  Can this be the reason? How can I determine the errors?

  A different installation directory had been given for remote
installation attempts. Is it possible that this entry is still
somewhere?