[horde] Problem installing whups

Ralph Ballier ballier at mail.schule.de
Wed Oct 4 08:02:32 UTC 2017

  ----- Nachricht von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> ---------
     Datum: Wed, 04 Oct 2017 01:13:09 +0000
       Von: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
Antwort an: mrubinsk at horde.org
   Betreff: Re: [horde] Problem installing whups
        An: horde at lists.horde.org

> Quoting Ralph Ballier <ballier at mail.schule.de>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>>   I installed whups with "pear install horde/whups".
>>
>> When I call whups, there are the error messages "Tickets is not
>> activated" and "Missing horde_db_adapter_base".
>>
>> Because Horde was no longer usable, I had to uninstall whups again.
>>
>> It is possible that there are still some remains from a previous
>> installation attempt.
>>
>> I had this problem before. I asked at this time, but there was no
>> result. It was only written, that nothing would work at all if
>> horde_db_adapter_base was really missing.
>
> This is still the case. NOTHING database related in Horde would work
> at all without that class.  My guess is something is screwed up with
> the include_path, and/or maybe the pear config.
>
> --
> mike

Thank you for the quick answer.

  What shall I do now? On the one hand, whups is not so important as
it must necessarily work. On the other hand, it would be nice if it
would work if someone wanted to use it. Currently it is still included
in the menus and leads to an error message, if you click on it.

  Also, "admin" can not log on without problems. After the login, the
error message appears immediately:

-------------------------------------- begin error message

   A FATAL ERROR HAS OCCURRED

   TICKETS IS NOT ACTIVATED.

in /usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php:1532    1.
Horde_Core_Auth_Application->authenticate()
/var/www/html/horde/login.php:155 2.
Horde_Core_Auth_Application->_setAuth()
/usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Auth/Application.php:150 3.
Horde_Registry->setAuth()
/usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Auth/Application.php:672 4.
Horde_Registry->setLanguageEnvironment()
/usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php:2616 5.
Horde_Registry->setLanguage() /usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php:2962
6. Horde_Registry->callAppMethod()
/usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php:2937 7. Horde_Registry->pushApp()
/usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php:1193

   DETAILS

The message "Missing horde_db_adapter_base" has disappeared.

  Completely reinstall I would not. I have tried in the past several
times with different instructions and it usually went wrong. In
addition, I have to close the old installation soon because the old
server is shut down.
  Is there any way to completely remove the traces of whups and then
reinstall them again?