[horde] Disable/suppress GAL ActiveSync search for some users

Samuel Wolf samuel at sheepflock.de
Wed Oct 4 20:59:44 UTC 2017

Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Quoting Samuel Wolf <samuel at sheepflock.de>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> we use a GAL address book for the smartphones, works fine.
>> But not all users need this, is there a way to disable/suppress the
>> GAL search for some devices or Horde users?
>
> You can't prevent the device from performing the request, but you
> MIGHT be able to prevent any results from being returned by removing
> permissions to the address book for those users who don't need it.

Good idea, but not possible, the user need the address book in IMP.
Disable GAL complete and sync the address book is not a option since
there are more than 8k contacts.

By the way, is it normal that I can not add a shared read only address
book to sync?
I'am sure this was possible in the past.

> I'm not sure offhand if that would return an error or not. If it
> doesn't work, I can look into implementing that...

A bool setting per device to enable/disable the GAL result would be perfect :)
Is this a lot of work?