[horde] Horde Activesync: Cant send Emails bigger than 100kb (Activesync only)

simon at firstandonly.de simon at firstandonly.de
Thu Oct 12 08:28:14 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

I have a problem sending emails bigger than 100kb with Horde Active Sync.

On mobile devices I get an error message "The message was rejected by the
server" and then the emails remaining in the outbox. if I try to send an
email with Outlook it remains in the outbox without any error message. Every
smaller email send with Horde Active Sync is no problem.

Sending big emails, for example 10mb, with IMAP/POP3 from any Outlook
client, mobile device or with Horde Webmail works fine. Also the email,
calendar and contact synchronization with Horde Active Sync works fine.

Horde is running on Ubuntu with the following components:

Plesk Onyx

PHP-7 FPM

PHP-7 FCGI

Dovecot IMAP  and POP3 server

SMTP-Server (Postfix)

Apache Webserver

I should mention that I had to add a php handler in Plesk because php wasn't
executed for "/usr/share/psa-horde/". That looks like this (Plesk
Apache/nginx configuration for http/https):

----------------------

<Directory /usr/share/psa-horde>

                Order allow,deny

                Allow from all

                #AllowOverride All

                #Require all granted

                <Files ~ (\.php$)>

                               SetHandler fcgid-script

                               FCGIWrapper
/var/www/cgi-bin/cgi_wrapper/cgi_wrapper .php

                               Options +ExecCGI

                </Files>

</Directory>

Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /usr/share/psa-horde/rpc.php

Alias /autodiscover/autodiscover.xml /usr/share/psa-horde/rpc.php

Alias /Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml /usr/share/psa-horde/rpc.php

Alias /AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml /usr/share/psa-horde/rpc.php

I checked different log files but I wasn't able to find any clues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simon