[horde] Activesync unexpected full sync

Matthew Seymour matt at fivesmallponies.com
Sat Oct 21 13:19:13 UTC 2017

> Quoting Torben Dannhauer <torben at dannhauer.info>:
>
>>> Am 18.10.2017 um 17:29 schrieb Matthew Seymour <matt at fivesmallponies.com>:
>>>

>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I'm continuing to have this problem. I've managed to capture the
>>> issue with a smaller log file (only 300MB this time) but can't see
>>> anything obvious. It looks as if the iOS device has difficulty
>>> contacting the server, for some reason, then re-syncs everything.
>>> So the activesync logs look fine, because they are. What I'm not
>>> clear on is what might be causing this... it's also a guess as to
>>> what's actually going on.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately this is making calendars unreliable so I'd love to
>>> get to the bottom of this.
>>>
>>> Any pointers are welcome.
>>>
>>> Matt
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> Matthew,
>>
>> I have also the impression that the cendar sometimes resybcs and
>> forgets so dates. I was unable to get logs of this since I always
>> discoverey he missing appointments when I missed an event. I‘m very
>> interested in your investigations!
>>
>> -> correction edit: oops lots of typos. I meant "I have also the
>> impression that the calendar resyncs and forgets some dates"
>
> If it's strictly calendar data, might be related to parsing MAPI
> data in meeting invitations coming from MS clients. Try installing
> the bcmath php extension, which improves performance over PEAR's
> (sometimes buggy) Math_BigInteger package.
>

>> Torben

I have found a semi reliable way of causing this to fail. If I have
two calendars synced via activesync and I move an entry between the
calendars it all goes wrong. The move happens, then a full resync. I
can find no errors in the activesync log though. I have experienced
the problem without multiple calendars being synced, just wondered if
this might give a clue as to what the problem is.

Matt