[horde] Quick Question

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Tue Jan 2 17:48:29 UTC 2018

Citeren Mike Poznecki <poz_sa at yahoo.com>:

> Hi all, there is a file,
> "/var/www/horde/imp/config/backends.php".How does this file get
> modified?

It doesn't. Read the first few lines in the header. All changes should
go in 'backends.local.php' in the same directory. All modifications to
the distributed files *will* get overwritten without warning on
upgrades.

>  Some how, ( I don't remember) I modified the hostspec under 'imap'.
>  I cannot remember what it was before I set it to a temporary server.

The following is in the distribute file:

     'hostspec' => 'localhost',

But again, you must never modify this file. If you're uncertain if you
made changes to this file, I'd recommend to reinstall the horde/imp
package (to prevent this from happening when you upgrade).

>  I can manually modify it, but I would like to know what the
> original value was and also how to modify it via the interface.
> Thanks.

There is currently no webinterface to do that. The 'conf.php' files
will be written by the webinterface, all other configurations need to
be made with a text editor. Generally, these *.local.php files will
rarely be modified.