[horde] User name for applications

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Feb 14 07:52:17 UTC 2018

Am 13.02.2018 um 22:32 schrieb Nels Lindquist:
> Hi there.
>
> I'm trying to determine how the user's name is set for menus relating
> to applications within Horde, eg. "Address book of [name]", "Task list
> of [name]", "Calendar of [name]", etc.
>
> I have two different Horde installations, and in one the Full Name is
> displayed for the various menu links, and in the other the user's ID
> is displayed.
>
> I have a fullname hook defined which is working successfully, ie. the
> value in "Preferences->Global Preferences->Your full name:" on both
> installations is correct.
>
> I'm having trouble finding any configuration differences between them.
>
> ----
> Nels Lindquist
> <nlindq at maei.ca>

The full name usually comes from preferences/identities. An identity is
linked to a username, multiple identities per user can exist. The first
identity is the default identity.

The login name you type into the login window can also be modified by a
hook. Then, all horde items refer to the modified login name. The
identity must also refer to the modified login name, otherwise it is not
used and the fallback display name is the username.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de