[horde] Immediate Logout with current versions of mobile Chrome

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Sat Feb 17 20:08:57 UTC 2018

One of our users reported being logged out immediately when trying to
use Horde from an Android smartphone with a current version of Chrome
(i.e. 64.0.3282.137). I was able to reproduce this myself on our server
as well as on the demo.horde.org server. It only happens when using
Chrome (not when using Firefox, including Firefox Focus) and it only
happens when using the mode "Mobile (Smartphone/Tablet)" which is also
selected automatically when accessing the site from a smartphone
browser. One may be able to get to the screen where one can select which
Horde app to use (e.g. Imp aka "Mail"), but at the very latest after
chosing the app, one will be logged out of the server immediately with a
blue box displayed at the buttom of the screen reading "Your session has
expired. Please login again."

If find it somewhat strange that no one else seems to be having this
problem. Is this not happening at other sites? Or maybe it depends on
Chrome's settings as well? For what it's worth, I have configured Chrome
to send as little data as possible to Google's servers.

Jens