[horde] Installation with apt

Ralph Ballier ballier at mail.schule.de
Mon Mar 12 09:50:30 UTC 2018

Hello,

meanwhile, I've tried several times to install horde after the
tutorial on PEAR. Now I have succeeded once. But otherwise something
always went wrong. Either I made a mistake in the order of the
commands or something was wrong with the default setting of the
server. Then I could not correct anything and there was an incomplete
installation back. Often I could help by simply copying the files of a
working installation. But I think that's not a nice state.

Therefore, the question: why do you advise against doing the
installation as it is usual in Ubuntu, namely with "apt install horde"?

This always ran smoothly on all my other installations.