[horde] [whups]: whups-mail-filter assign to ticket type in queue

Carsten horde-groupware at familie-lahme.de
Wed Mar 14 13:22:24 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I wonder, if I understand the schematic of whups ticket system correct,
because I am struggling with the implementation.

I understand, that each QUEUE represents a project, where a project
might be an asset (like a car or an house) or a workflow (compared to
plan a holiday tour).

I see, that one QUEUE might have multiple types, as compared to a car,
that might have different kind of handlings, like a planned maintenance
or a unscheduled repair. More IT-Like: a change or an incident.

A vacation planning project might have different types of tasks, like
booking hotels or flights, buying special stuff like backpacks or tent
or just a new shaver.

If I would like to feed this matrix, it would be great to have an
option, to pipe a message direct to the correct type.

Like sending a new available fixpack for software to the QUEUE
"InternalIT" with TYPE "change" or the message of an unavailable website
to the type "incident".

And for QUEUE "Holiday planning" it could be good to find the tent on
the "tobuy" "TYPE" list, but not the plane for the flight, which would
be good to have on type "tobook".

This leads to the question, if it is possible to give "TYPE" with a mail
piped to "whups-mail-filter".

What would be needed to implement it in the script. I am not familiar
with the API of whups. Is there any documentation about the functions
and workflows?

If available, I would try by myself and post the result, if working as
some kind of "pull" request ;-)

br

Carsten