[horde] Struggling with two issues using ActiveSync

Kevin kevo at gatorgraphics.com
Sat Aug 11 17:30:49 UTC 2018

> On Aug 11, 2018, at 11:32 AM, Arjen de Korte <build+horde at de-korte.org> wrote:
>
> You can also configure Horde to use only https in the Administration panel if you only want to generate https links (and you probably do).
>
> Having said that, running ActiveSync over a proxy is challenging. Most proxies will close open connections where no data is flowing in either direction after a few minutes, but for 'push' to work properly, you need to allow these to remain open for up to 59 minutes. Closing them prematurely for clients that use push (which is usually lowest in bandwidth and latency) means this will break. This means mails will be delayed.

Thanks for pointing out the config setting. I thought there was one some where, I just wasn't looking in the right place for it. I've reverted my changes and set the use_ssl option to 1. That did the trick.

Also, I'll check my timeout settings on the proxy and see if they are large enough. So far I haven't really noticed any issues, but I'm just using it on my own phone so far, so maybe I've just been lucky.

Thanks,
Kevin