[horde] ActiveSync client displays messages that were deleted in IMAP

Kevin kevo at gatorgraphics.com
Sat Aug 18 19:16:15 UTC 2018

> On Aug 18, 2018, at 12:55 PM, Arjen de Korte <build+horde at de-korte.org> wrote:
>
> Citeren Kevin <kevo at gatorgraphics.com>:
>
>>> On Aug 18, 2018, at 12:40 PM, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> ActiveSync doesn't have a notion of a "Spam" folder, so it's up to the client to decide what to do. IIRC, iOS will only recognize the name "Junk" (Though I thought it was "Junk Email").
>>>
>>> It's not ActiveSync that's changing the name, it's IMP. When you set the preference to use a folder as Spam, it changes the label of that folder to be "Spam". When ActiveSync builds it's folder list, it gets the list of mailboxes from IMP's API - which uses the label names. We do this to have consistency between the names that a user sees in IMP and the folder names that are shown in the ActiveSync client.
>>
>> Any chance that could be a setting that can be turned off. As it is now we can't use the Spam folder in IMP without messing up the Junk function on the phone.
>
> You can change the name of the folder if you want in 'imp/config/backends.local.php':
>
> <?php
> $servers['advanced']['special_mboxes'][IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_SPAM] = 'Junk';

I've tried this but it doesn't seem to make any difference. As soon as we select Junk as the spam mailbox then the imap folder Junk appears as Spam on the phone and it is no longer recognized as the Junk folder.

The other thing that seems odd is in the web interface before any spam folder is selected we see Server Suggestion: Junk at the top of the menu and we also see Junk lower down listed with all the other folders. Once we change the setting to Junk and save the settings the selections show Spam instead of Junk. I don't expect this behavior. What I would expect is for Junk to stay Junk since that is what the actual IMAP folder is called. The other odd thing about this is when you have a Junk and a Spam folder and select Junk as the Spam mailbox then the selections show two Spam folders.

Seems like there is a logic error somewhere or my settings are causing some weird behavior, but I haven't been able to discern what settings affect this behavior. So far my attempts to change it have failed.

- Kevin