[horde] CalDAV & CardDAV when using LDAP for authorization?

4tybf3kvvj at snkmail.com 4tybf3kvvj at snkmail.com
Thu Aug 23 19:25:28 UTC 2018

Hello,

> Subject: [horde] CalDAV & CardDAV when using LDAP for authorization?
>
> All,
>
> If I am using LDAP as my authentication for Horde, should CalDAV &
> CardDAV functionality work?  I can log into Horde's webgui with my
> LDAP user/pass , but when I setup my CalDAV client (and use the LDAP
> login/password) it returns an error "encountered HTTP error 404. Make
> sure the URL is correct."
>
> Horde debug log (set to DEBUG) doesn't show any failures (shown below):

I found when manually browsing to
http://horde.local/rpc.php/principals/myuser/ , I get
"<d:error><s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotFound</s:exception>" ,
<s:message>User myuser does not exist</s:message> .

However browsing to http://horde.local/rpc.php/kronolith/myuser shows
ICS files.

Do I need to finish the LDAP setup for Turba in order for the Principals
to work?  If I'm using LDAP for authorization should I switch over to
ActiveSync instead?  Can someone point me in the right direction here
please?  Note:  I'm using an nginx configuration from a previous Horde
setup that had local accounts (i.e. in the database) and CalDAV did work
there.

Thank you.