[horde] Unsure how to install further apps into Horde Groupware 5.2.22

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Sun Sep 30 15:34:18 UTC 2018

Hallo Michael,

Am 26.09.2018 um 21:49 schrieb Michael Z Freeman:
> Cheers. All installed now.
>
> I'm now examining the "backends" php file but I can't see if it's possible
> to use remote IMAP for incoming and a remote SMTP for outgoing mail. This
> is due to the way my web host is setup (it makes me wonder why they do it
> this way now) ...
>
> Incoming Server: 	mail.xxxx.org
>
>     IMAP Port: 993 POP3 Port: 995
>
> Outgoing Server: 	mail.xxxx.org
>
>     SMTP Port: 465
>
> Michael

Yes, you can use remote IMAP and SMTP servers. Create a
backends.local.php and overwrite the default imap server using

$servers['imap']['disabled'] = true;

now create your own server profile in backends.local.php

$servers['myservice'] = array(
  'disabled' => false,
  'name' => "My Imap Service',
  'hostspec' => 'imap.something.else',
  'smtp' => array(
      'host' => 'smtp.something.else',
 )
)

... means omissions, see the $servers['advanced'] example for a complete
and extensive list of options
You should have good results with a mix of the "advanced" and the "imap"
profile and your remote server names mixed in.

Regards

Ralf