[horde] iOS Mail Spam support

Kevin kevo at gatorgraphics.com
Mon Oct 22 22:29:55 UTC 2018

Yes, a couple months back I went through a similar learning experience. Check the archives around Aug 18th or so for more info, but I think the answer is doing both doesn't work.

We also settled on Junk as the spam folder and we just don't move spam or use the spam settings in imp. Using those breaks the iOS client functionality. Since we rarely need the web interface this works fine for us.

I know there are more details in the previous emails, but I don't recall a lot of it now. If you investigate further and come up with something better please let me know.

The only other annoyance we've got is with ActiveSync. The protocol doesn't handle messages being marked as deleted, and horde active sync doesn't attempt any workarounds for this. So if you use Mail on Mac OS X the deleted messages don't actually get deleted from the inbox, only marked deleted until Mail is quit. This means you can end up with messages you deleted on the desktop happily showing up on your phone or tablet.

Again, it's annoying but not a deal breaker once you know why it happens.

HTH,
Kevin