[horde] problem with new install on new Centos 7.5 system

Edward Burr egburr at burr.cc
Sat Dec 1 02:17:39 UTC 2018

>>> why do you install Horde_Backup at all? It's not required at all.
>>
>> This is why:
>> [root at c7 horde]# pear install -a horde/groupware
>> WARNING: "pear/Console_Getopt" is deprecated in favor of
>> "pear/Console_GetoptPlus"
>> Failed to download horde/Horde_Backup within preferred state
>> "stable", latest release is version 1.0.0RC1, stability "beta", use
>> "channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Backup-1.0.0RC1" to install
>> Failed to download pecl/sasl within preferred state "stable",
>> latest release is version 0.1.0, stability "alpha", use
>> "channel://pecl.php.net/sasl-0.1.0" to install
>> Failed to download pecl/idn within preferred state "stable", latest
>> release is version 0.2.0, stability "beta", use
>> "channel://pecl.php.net/idn-0.2.0" to install
>>
>> I guess I got so hung up on those three failures during the install
>> because of the subsequent error with:
>>
>> [root at c7 horde]# groupware-install
>> PHP Warning:  require_once(PEAR/Config.php): failed to open stream:
>> No such file or directory in /usr/bin/groupware-install on line 15
>>
>> Warning: require_once(PEAR/Config.php): failed to open stream: No
>> such file or directory in /usr/bin/groupware-install on line 15
>> PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required
>> 'PEAR/Config.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/pear
>> Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required
>> 'PEAR/Config.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/pear
>>
>> Based on the responses I've received, I was hoping that clearing up
>> the pear install failures would fix the groupware-install failure.
>
> No, these don't have anything to do with each other.
>
>> NOTE: The referenced Config.php that triggers "no such file" is
>> present, is in the include_path, and is world readable. So I'm not
>> understanding this error, either.
>>
>> [root at box /]# ls -l /usr/share/pear/PEAR/Config.php
>> 68 -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 67882 May 10  2016
>> /usr/share/pear/PEAR/Config.php
>> [root at box /]#
>
> This doesn't make much sense indeed.

Okay, if I ignore the Horde_Backup, pecl/sasl, and pecl/idn failures
during the "pear install -a horde/groupware", I still get the
PEAR/Config.php not found error when I try the "groupware-install".
The responses focused on the first part, so I was hoping. Any thoughts
on troubleshooting the "groupware-install" failure then?

How can I verify that pear is actually using that include_path it says it is?
/etc/php.ini has:
include_path= .:/php/includes:/usr/share/pear"

OMG it's missing a "

Okay, I'm past this now. Sorry to bother you about this part.

The Horde_Backup, pecl/sasl, and pecl/idn failures still bug me, though.