[horde] Horde\Socket\Client tls, ManageSieve git master - "Server does not support any auth methods" - Seems like

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Sat Dec 29 20:07:40 UTC 2018

Hi,

I failed to find the original issue in due time. Either the server is
really strange or the horde socket client only thinks it successfully
STARTTLSed while the server really did not approve.

Am 29.12.18 um 13:45 schrieb Ralf Lang:

> Hallo, I am debugging the following in ManageSieve from git master
>

> <<< "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.3.11"\r\n
> <<< "SASL" "PLAIN LOGIN"\r\n
> <<< "SIEVE" "comparator-i;ascii-numeric fileinto reject vacation
> imapflags notify include envelope body relational regex subaddress copy"\r\n
> <<< OK
> <<< NO "Expected a command. Got something else."\r\n
> auth: will try requested SASL mechanism PLAIN
> Sieve/IMAP Password:
> <<< OK\r\n
>
> As you can see, after Socket\Client's STARTTLS, it still does not offer
> the SASL line but it does when connecting with the perl client (with a
> very similar chat)
>
> What's the difference here?

I have built a workaround driver using the sieve-connect commandline tool.

https://github.com/horde/ingo/pull/2

I think it only makes sense to investigate this further if I can
reproduce it with a more recent ManageSieve server.

Regards

Ralf

--
Ralf Lang