[horde] Transition to Composer

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Feb 13 13:14:14 UTC 2019

Hi,

Am 07.02.19 um 21:41 schrieb Twilek:
> Hi Ralf,
>
> thanks for the detailed information. I hope that you succeed bringing
> Horde over to composer. If you have a reasonably working system I
> would gladly help testing things. My horde installation should be
> quite standard, althought it is very old (has been transfered from
> Horde 3 via Horde 4), so  I cannot guarantee 110% that I did not do
> some manual fiddling at some point in the past.
>
> Regards
>
> Henning

Little status update:

- The composer.json writer is fairly complete. It takes a configurable
map of pear names to composer names for non-horde channels, (horde is
automatically handled), handles pecl/ext correctly, automatically
includes the composer horde plugin. Still missing is marking bin/* for
export to the composer bin dir.

- The composer horde plugin installs apps in a separate hierarchy. It
does not yet link/copy js files to a common dir. It does not yet
configure horde.local.php or registry.local.php

- I have built a test composer environment involving horde, content and
nag. They don't run. https://github.com/maintaina-com/horde-deployment
you will need a github api key as it spams requests. NOT rready for
consumption

- Currently I am trying to fix Horde_Autoloader_Default and
horde/lib/core.php to work correctly with the composer filesystem layout
and autoloader. There is quite some unconditional require_once.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de