[horde] Horde only working correctly in Basic mode

Bzzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Thu Feb 14 20:37:49 UTC 2019

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:20:56 +0000
Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Bzzzz <lazyvirus at gmx.com>:
>
> > Debian Stretch + Backports + several external repos.
> > Personal installation as a test before going to prod.
> > DB: Postgresql v.11
> > ============================
> > Hi listers,
> >
> > recently I set a Horde 5 from the Stretch packages and struggled a
> > bit to make it work.
> >
> > I finally had it to work correctly reading here and there.
> >
> > The authentication process is set to:
> > 	"Let a horde application handle authentication"
> > 	imp
> >
> > but there a big glitch, mail & calendar correctly work only in basic
> > mode, automatic & dynamic have the following effects:
> >
> > * Imp can't connect to the IMAP server, emitting an error msg:
> > 	"Error when connecting with the server".
> >
> > * Calendar returns a full blank page.
> >
> > The problem is, even in debug mode, there's no indication of any
> > error in DEBUG.log, so I'm a bit lost and out of options - other
> > modes are mandatory, as the basic one doesn't have a 3/3 e-mails
> > display.
>
> Is IMP working normally otherwise in basic mode?

Yup, connects instantly, displays mails by threads, etc, the same for any
other application and setup.

About Kronolith, I read some docs this night and created
backends.local.php into the IMP conf dir where I added 3 lines I did not
knew about into the imap section: 'hordeauth' => true, 'cache' => 'sql',
'acl' => true,
that made the calendar page now appearing on screen (instead of a blank
page), but I still have the "error when connecting with the server"
popup, same as for IMP.

Hmm, I forgot to say I'm using nginx.

Jean-Yves