[horde] Share som IMAP folders

Bzzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Sat Feb 16 17:15:42 UTC 2019

On Sat, 16 Feb 2019 08:56:15 -0800
Grouchy Sysadmin <sysadmin at grouchysysadmin.com> wrote:

> If I remember correctly, you need to set up a shared namespace in
> Dovecot. Something like this,
>
> namespace {
>    type = shared
>    separator = /
>    prefix = shared/%%u/
>    location =
> maildir:/path/to/mail/%%d/%%n/mail:INDEX=/path/to/mail/%d/%u/shared/%%u/
>    subscriptions = yes
>    list = children
> }

Yeah, in fact 2 namespaces, one shared, one not ; I tested it but it
failed (no more server connection) - not sure the doc I used was the
right one.

I've to dig much more about that, but from what I understood mailboxes
are supposed to dwell under these namespaces - if it is the case, that
means I'll have to establish another server, move mails to it, modify
the main dovecot server w/ shared mailboxes, test it and then re-move
mails from one server to another.

JY