[horde] mcrypt is not installed

Arjen de Korte build+horde at de-korte.org
Sun Mar 17 12:45:49 UTC 2019

Citeren Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:

> Hi,
>
> I can not get rid of the following behaviour:
>
>  $ pear upgrade-all
> PHP Warning:  Module 'redis' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
> Will upgrade channel://pear.php.net/net_url2
> Will upgrade channel://pear.php.net/pear
> Will upgrade channel://pecl.php.net/mcrypt
> Will upgrade channel://pecl.php.net/smbclient
> Will upgrade channel://pecl.php.net/igbinary
> Will upgrade channel://pecl.php.net/memcached
> pear/net_url2 is already installed and is the same as the released
> version 2.1.2
> pear/pear is already installed and is the same as the released version 1.10.8
> downloading mcrypt-1.0.2.tgz ...
> Starting to download mcrypt-1.0.2.tgz (33,698 bytes)
> .........done: 33,698 bytes
> downloading smbclient-1.0.0.tgz ...
> Starting to download smbclient-1.0.0.tgz (32,017 bytes)
> ...done: 32,017 bytes
> downloading igbinary-3.0.0.tgz ...
> Starting to download igbinary-3.0.0.tgz (57,886 bytes)
> ...done: 57,886 bytes
> downloading memcached-3.1.3.tgz ...
> Starting to download memcached-3.1.3.tgz (82,673 bytes)
> ...done: 82,673 bytes
> ERROR: pecl.php.net/mcrypt not installed
>
> Can anyone please help me out?
>
>  $ rpm -qa |grep mcrypt
> mcrypt-2.6.8-19.fc27.x86_64
> libmcrypt-2.5.8-22.fc28.x86_64
> libmcrypt-devel-2.5.8-22.fc28.x86_64
> php-pecl-mcrypt-1.0.1-3.fc28.x86_64
>
> It looks installed to me.

Looking at the above, you're using an RPM version of mcrypt from
Fedora 28 and you're trying to install a newer version from PECL. It
is almost always a bad idea to install versions from RPM and PEAR/PECL
side-by-side. You need to make a choice here for either the RPM
version or the PECL version.

I can't tell you why the pecl command can't install the newer version
of mcrypt from PECL, but usually it means it can't compile it due to
missing dependencies. Unlike PEAR packages (which are essentially
bundles of PHP files) a package you download through PECL needs to be
compiled against the PHP version installed on your system. The output
from the build command will usually hint in the direction of missing
dependencies,