[horde] Cannot get rid of failing ansel gallery

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat May 11 21:46:24 UTC 2019

Quoting Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:

> ----- Nachricht von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> ---------
>      Datum: Wed, 08 May 2019 18:30:49 +0000
>        Von: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
> Antwort an: mrubinsk at horde.org
>    Betreff: Re: [horde] Cannot get rid of failing ansel gallery
>         An: horde at lists.horde.org
>

>> Quoting Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I created a gallery and uploaded images.
>>> I did this twice, and the second time Horde says the image is invalid.
>>> Now I am not able to delete the gallery and start from scratch.
>>>
>>> How can I manually remove a gallery to find out whats happening?
>>> Horde.log does not throw me an error, whilst set to DEBUG anyway..
>>>
>>> WHat Horde says is that it can not find the images.
>>
>> This sounds like something I fixed recently. I'll put together a
>> release soon. In the meantime, if you want to patch:
>>
>> https://github.com/horde/ansel/commit/5ebe10d7106a8ed6d67a6c957f086d1b80c826ce
>> https://github.com/horde/ansel/commit/40c49fa18de074cb42b209eafefdb4d2793e6687
>> https://github.com/horde/ansel/commit/1fbd5bff2997d9854ceb5d9e5e1e490788b3cc3f
>
> Will this remove the failed gallery automatically?

No, the fix basically catches some exceptions that were being missed
if an image in the gallery could not be found or was corrupt etc...
These were preventing the gallery from being fully deleted. You'll
still have to use the UI to indicate you want to remove the gallery.

> I will wait for the buxfix being released. Can I get rid of it today?

Not without manually messing with the database, and this would leave
behind some orphaned image files in your VFS.

--
mike
The Horde Project