[horde] Open a PDF logging me out

Arjen de Korte build+horde at de-korte.org
Wed Jul 24 06:04:34 UTC 2019

Citeren Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 at 21:15, Arjen de Korte <build+horde at de-korte.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Citeren Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>> > I have a similar issue - but it is in my relatively outdated git-clone,
>> > which I have not been able to update, since the git change was made
>> (yes, I
>> > know, I am not happy, but I do not have time either).
>> >
>> > A fatal error has occurredUndefined class constant
>> 'ALPHACHANNEL_REMOVE'in
>> > ../imp/lib/Mime/Viewer/Pdf.php:136
>> >
>> > 1. Horde_ErrorHandler::catchFatalError()
>> >
>> > DetailsThe full error message is logged in Horde's log file, and is shown
>> > below only to administrators. Non-administrative users will not see error
>> > details.
>> >
>> > ErrorException Object
>> > (
>> >     [message:protected] => Undefined class constant 'ALPHACHANNEL_REMOVE'
>> >     [string:Exception:private] =>
>> >     [code:protected] => 0
>> >     [file:protected] => ../imp/lib/Mime/Viewer/Pdf.php
>> >     [line:protected] => 136
>> >     [trace:Exception:private] => Array
>> >         (
>> >             [0] => Array
>> >                 (
>> >                     [function] => catchFatalError
>> >                     [class] => Horde_ErrorHandler
>> >                     [type] => ::
>> >                     [args] => Array
>> >                         (
>> >                         )
>> >
>> >                 )
>> >
>> >         )
>> >
>> >     [previous:Exception:private] =>
>> >     [severity:protected] => 1
>> >     [logged] => 1
>> >
>> > )
>> >
>> > It is not there in the production version I am using (older than the GIT
>> > version, so something was introduced...)
>>
>> Search the archives for the class constant, as this has been reported
>> (and answered) several times already. It boils down to the fact that
>> the version of the imagick library you're using is *very* outdated.
>>

> Hi Arjen,
>
> A plausible solution, which I have not been able to check, but since the
> production version of Horde is using the same version, I have my doubts.

You didn't search the archives, did you? You would have found that we
had to change the way PDF files are rendered, because the previous
(deprecated) method used, is no longer available in newer versions of
the imagick library.

This change means that if you are using a version of php-imagick that
is compiled against the older library, it will not longer be able to
render PDFs with up-to-date Horde installations.