[horde] Fwd: Errors after PHP 7.3 upgrade on Debian Stretch

poubeline at free.fr poubeline at free.fr
Mon Sep 23 16:20:14 UTC 2019

> Citeren poubeline at free.fr:

>>> Hi All,
>>>

>>> I've just upgraded my php version from 7.0 to 7.3 on my Debian
>>> Stretch server (v9.11) and I get the following errors in the apache
>>> log :
>>>

>>> FIRST :
>>>
>>> [php7:warn] [pid 20247] [client my_IP:59368] PHP Warning: "continue"
>>> targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use
>>> "continue 2"? in /usr/share/php/Horde/ActiveSync/Wbxml/Decoder.php
>>> on line 352
>>>

>>> I could change the value directly in the decoder.php file to
>>> 'continue 2' to avoid these messages, but is there a clean solution
>>> to that or I just can ignore it ?
>>
>> Ignore it.
>>
>>> SECOND :
>>> PHP Warning: Declaration of Horde_Form_Type_pgp::init($gpg,
>>> $temp_dir = NULL, $rows = NULL, $cols = NULL) should be compatible
>>> with Horde_Form_Type_longtext::init($rows = 8, $cols = 80, $helper =
>>> Array) in /usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line 878, referer:
>>> https://my_webmail_server_adress/imp/dynamic.php?page=mailbox
>>
>> Not an error either ('PHP Warning'). Unless you're a Horde developer,
>> you can safely ignore these messages.
>>
>>> I have several of them when trying to access the filters as I still
>>> try to recover another issue with the vacation script which is not
>>> saved due to a 'connection refused' issue that I already submitted
>>> but still ongoing.
>>>

>>> My Horde server is version 5.22 and I have applied the latest
>>> patches downloaded from the Pear channel.
>>>

>>> If someone can help me find a solution for both issues, that will be
>>> very welcomed.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help on this.
>>> Cheers
>>

>> Hi Arjen,
>>

>> Thanks for your reply. I was pretty sure that I could get rid of it
>> as it is PHP Warning but I was not sure if I had something wrong
>> with my Horde installation due to these 'errors'.
>>

>> I have another question for you if you have 5 minutes more for me.
>> I have sent on August 20th this question about Ingo :
>> #########
>>
>> Hi all,
>>

>> I post this question in both mailing lists as I saw some traffic
>> about Ingo in the Horde mailing list also.
>>

>> I am currently fighting to get the Ingo application work correctly
>> for vaccation.
>> I have been able to setup correctly the backends.local.php to use
>> the sieve driver with use of TLS for my server.
>> I can activate and deactivate the vaccation filter, but when I try
>> to save the rule for an out of office message, I get the following
>> error :
>>

>> Script not updated: There was an error activating the script.
>> Connection refused.
>>

>> I have used the 'debug' parameter in the backends.local.php and I
>> do not get any trace of this script error. I had some traces when
>> struggeling with the authentification, but not for the script update.
> [...]

Besides setting the "debug" parameter in Ingo's configuration, you
also need to set the log level to DEBUG in the main Horde logging
configuration. Then you can see the complete
client-server-communication in Horde's logs.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project

Hi Arjen and Jan,

Thank you for your help, really appreciated !!

As you asked Arjen, here is the full content of my backends.local.php file :

<?php

$backends['imap']['disabled'] = true;
$backends['sieve']['disabled'] = false;
$backends['sieve']['preferred'] = '';
$backends['sieve']['script'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['driver'] = 'sieve';
$backends['sieve']['script'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['utf8'] = true;
$backends['sieve']['script'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['imapflags'] = true;
$backends['sieve']['script'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['notify'] = true;
$backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['driver'] = 'timsieved';
$backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['hostspec'] = 'my.server.FQDN';
$backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['logintype'] = 'PLAIN';
$backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['usetls'] = true;
$backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['port'] = 4190;
$backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['scriptname'] = 'ingo';
$backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['debug'] = false;

The Dovecot mail server and the Sieve server are local servers. I had to specify the 'hotspec' name to fit the security check of the server name (when I was setting 'localhost', I had a connection issue, which is normal behavior).

Jan, thanks for the trick on the debug tracing, I understand now why setting the 'debug' variable in Ingo was not enough.
I am going to set this up and check what is going on in the logs.

I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks guys, Laurent