[horde] Problem with Android Horde Activesync - Can't add account - Gmail's security settings are more secure than those set by your IT admin

Ronny Forberger ronnyforberger at ronnyforberger.de
Sat Nov 9 16:09:17 UTC 2019

Hi Horde list,

My brand new Android 9 phone has made an update to the OS and since
that I cannot access my Horde Active Sync interface anymore.

I am getting the error message

Can't add account - Gmail's security settings are more secure than
those set by your IT admin

on Android.

Any ideas what I have to set up on Horde / or the web server to make
this run again or where to look at least?

Android version: 9 PKQ1.181121.001
Android security patchlevel: 2019-10-01

Horde Version: 5.2.22
Nginx Version: 1.16.1 (reverse proxy with mod_security)
Apache httpd version: 2.4.41 (serving horde)

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Ronny Forberger
--