[horde] Problem with Android Horde Activesync - Can't add account - Gmail's security settings are more secure than those set by your IT admin

Ronny Forberger ronnyforberger at ronnyforberger.de
Sat Nov 9 17:20:40 UTC 2019

Hi Michael,

thanks for your information.

I am not sure if I have a second GMail account on the phone, I have a
google account on it though.

I think the Gmail application itself is now requiring certain security
policies to be in place, as you said.

I tried to set the permissions of ActiveSync to all permissions for
authenticated users, creators and even my username, but no success.

The error message on the phone is still appearing.

It worked before the Android upgrade though without the Horde permissions.

Any other ideas?

Best regards,

Ronny Forberger

--