[horde] Problem with Android Horde Activesync - Can't add account - Gmail's security settings are more secure than those set by your IT admin

Stephan Lauffer lauffer at ph-freiburg.de
Tue Nov 12 13:44:39 UTC 2019

Hi!

Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Quoting r.j.baart at prompt.nl:
>
>> Perhaps the problem is described here:
>> https://developers.google.com/android/work/device-admin-deprecation
>
> This may very likely be the case.
>
> I can't reproduce this on any of my devices, but I don't think the
> latest GMail app has been pushed out to any of them yet.

With android 10 devices the latest Gmail app (2019.10.20.278647676) is
working here. But older devices with the same gmail app failed after
the update. Downgrading gmail there is working (but not a solution).
Right now I didn't find a way to get it working with
allowing/disabling provisioning.

See also a german discussion at
https://support.google.com/mail/thread/19125387?hl=de.
Hotmail, outlook.com and others are affected, too.

--
Liebe Gruesse, with best regards
Stephan Lauffer

Pedagogical University Freiburg - Germany
http://www.ph-freiburg.de/zik/
Fon/ Fax: +49 761 682 -559/ -486