[horde] Supress Received: header added by Horde?

Frank Richter frank.richter at hrz.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Nov 15 13:22:55 UTC 2019

Am 14.11.19 um 15:53 schrieb Arjen de Korte:
> Citeren Frank Richter <frank.richter at hrz.tu-chemnitz.de>:
>

>> for privacy reasons we would like to suppress the Received: header added
>> by Horde/IMP
>
> This is not a good idea.

Exactly my words to our data protection officer who requested me to stop
disclosing the information on the "first hop" to the receiver.

>>  with HTTPS; Thu, 14 Nov 2019 13:16:58 +0100
>>
>> At least we'd like to suppress the host/IP of the sending host in the
>> header.
>
> See https://lists.horde.org/archives/imp/Week-of-Mon-20071126/048125.html
>
> You can probably filter out this line in your mailserver, but you really
> shouldn't. If one of your user accounts is compromised, you'll want to
> know which one.

Well, for that reasons we have log files …
I'm digging in RFC 5321 just now. If it's a requirement to put the "first
hop" in a Received header, this should stop the discussion.

Thanks,
Frank

--
Frank Richter
Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany