[horde] Request for help with Horde infrastructure

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Sun Jan 5 00:20:56 UTC 2020

Michael J Rubinsky:

> Hi all,
>
> We have just been informed that, after many years of generously
> donating hosting services to The Horde Project, Hub.org will be
> shutting down on Friday, January 10th.  Currently our PEAR/FTP server
> and our mail server are hosted on Hub servers. We do have a fail-over
> server in place for our PEAR server, so getting a replacement server
> up for PEAR is not quite as urgent. However, our mail server is
> critical.
>
> Hence, we are putting out a call for any organization that would be
> able and willing to donate a server to host the Mailman install that
> handles our mailing lists and hosts our @horde.org email addresses.
> Our current server is running FreeBSD, but a Debian/Ubuntu
> distribution would be welcome, or even preferred, as well.

Hello Micheal,

I could not Immideately donate a server, unfortunately. But I could offer help
To setup an existing server. I work an postmaster, so seting up an MTA
is $dayjob...
If you have theopportunity to buy a server at https://netcup.de
(cheapest offer ~5 € per month)
I may setup postfix + mailman2 very fast. My ssh public keys are
avilable at https://andreasschulze.de/authorized_keys

Andreas, acting also as postmaster at dnswl.org as well as postmaster at datev.de