[horde] Installation problem

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 21:06:13 UTC 2020

Em 15/01/2020 12:03, o1bigtenor escreveu:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 11:09 AM Luis Felipe Marzagao
> <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Em 14 de jan de 2020, à(s) 01:06, o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor at gmail.com> escreveu:
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 6:20 PM Luis Felipe Marzagao
>> <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Em 12/01/2020 09:46, o1bigtenor escreveu:
>>
>> Greetings
>>
>> Working on installing horde groupwebmail on a debian buster (10) where
>> apache 2.4.38, postgresql 11.5 and php 7.3.
>>
>> Chose to install using  # apt install  and the installation completed easily.
>> It was in working through the configuration that a roadblock occurred.
>>
>> Quoting the terminal output:
>>
>> Creating and updating database tables...
>>    Fatal Error:
>>    SQLSTATE[42703]: Undefined column: 7 ERROR:  column "increment_by"
>> does not exist
>>    LINE 1: ...q', (SELECT COALESCE(MAX("sentmail_id") + (SELECT
>> increment_...
>>                                                                 ^
>>    In /usr/share/php/Horde/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Base.php on line 233
>>

>> How do I resolve this?
>>

>> Apparently your database was not correctly created. Try running
>> /usr/bin/horde-db-migrate from the command line.
>>

>> # /usr/bin/horde-db-migrate
>> Fatal Error:
>>   Could not instantiate PDO. PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable
>> to open database file
>>   In /usr/share/php/Horde/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Base.php on line 48
>>

>> It seems you are missing dependencies. My recommendation would be install horde from these instructions:
>>
>> https://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL
>>
>> And then installing the applications you want according to each documentation, for example for IMP:
>>
>> https://www.horde.org/apps/imp/docs/INSTALL
>>
> Dunno about what you're reading but when I read the error messages - -
> - - well what I'm
> seeing is that there is some kind of sql code in horde at place x
> which is at best not
> appropriate code for the database in question.
>
> Why that would mean that a reinstall would fix the issue - - - -
> that's confusing.

You could try checking to see if your database server is really up and
running, because the error says it could not open the database file.

If your db server is ok, then you had some problem when the database was
created or you are missing horde dependencies, which could be caused by
a broken distro package install, or, as Jan has already mentioned,
"there are some patches for newer Postgresql versions on GitHub that
haven't been incorporated yet. Feedback on those is welcome."

So, in any way, I think it´s best to install horde via pear because you
will get the latest stable version. On the other hands, installing via
distro packages could give you outdated versions.