[horde] Installation problem

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 14:52:15 UTC 2020

Em 15/01/2020 20:40, o1bigtenor escreveu:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 3:57 PM Luis Felipe Marzagao
> <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please, keep replies on the list.
> Sorry - - - - some lists require the use of reply all - - - - some do not.
> This occasionally produces errors for me.
>> Em 15/01/2020 18:18, o1bigtenor escreveu:

>>> If you would be so kind as to point me to where I could find those
>>> patches . . .    .
>>
>> You could start here: https://github.com/horde/Db/commits/master
>>
> OK s o I can see the patch. When I'm reading the code (total noob to
> coding here)
> I can understand what the change is. What I have no clue how to do (looked into
> both the use of the program 'patch' and a few write ups on doing a git
> patch but
> its not clear how I do this.
> Did some looking and have found the file on my system. Also have the 'patch'
> available. Have not ever done this - - - - so - - - do I add the new
> lines into the
> file and remove the unwanted lines then save the new version?
> Would this 'apply' the patch?

It may be tricky to apply patches because you are not using a
development installation. But if you think you´ve found the correct
patch, and if there aren´t a lot of files involved in the commit, go
ahead and try to manually replace the entire file. Dirty hack but pretty
fast in order to make a quick test.