[horde] Installation problem

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 23:16:52 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 9:32 AM Luis Felipe Marzagao
<lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Em 16/01/2020 12:09, o1bigtenor escreveu:
> > On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 8:52 AM Luis Felipe Marzagao
> > <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Em 15/01/2020 20:40, o1bigtenor escreveu:
> > snip

> > snip

> >> It may be tricky to apply patches because you are not using a
> >> development installation. But if you think you´ve found the correct
> >> patch, and if there aren´t a lot of files involved in the commit, go
> >> ahead and try to manually replace the entire file. Dirty hack but pretty
> >> fast in order to make a quick test.
> >>
> > Greetings
> >
> > So I applied the patch (meaning that I added in the new lines indicated in
> > green and removed the lines indicated in pink) and saved the file.
> > Tried one more time to effect and install.
> > Right back to where I started at :
> >
> > Fatal Error:
> >    SQLSTATE[42703]: Undefined column: 7 ERROR:  column "increment_by"
> > does not exist
> >    LINE 1: ...q', (SELECT COALESCE(MAX("sentmail_id") + (SELECT
> > increment_...
> >                                                                 ^
> >    In /usr/share/php/Horde/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Base.php on line 233
> >
> > had been told earlier to try to use   /usr/bin/horde-db-migrate   which gives:
> >
> >   # /usr/bin/horde-db-migrate
> > [  INFO  ] Migrating DB up.
> > [  INFO  ] Current imp schema version: 1
> > Migrating to ImpAutoIncrementSentmail (2)
> > == 2 ImpAutoIncrementSentmail: migrating ======================================
> > -- changeColumn('imp_sentmail', 'sentmail_id', 'autoincrementKey')
> > SQLSTATE[42703]: Undefined column: 7 ERROR:  column "increment_by"
> > does not exist
> > LINE 1: ...q', (SELECT COALESCE(MAX("sentmail_id") + (SELECT increment_...
> >
> > and about a hundred more lines like the above.
> > Searching on the horde website then led me to  - - - -   bug number :
> >
> > [#14878] Sequence reset incompatible with PostgreSQL 10+
> >
> > bug listed november 2018 with a comment in early 2019 and nothing further
> >
> > Seems to suggest that I'm not going to get an install.
> >
> > Oh well - - - - suggestions?????
>
> You got horde-db-migrate to run, which is a good sign. But the error
> appears to be still the same. At this point either you 1) set up a dev
> install (https://www.horde.org/development/git) and try to fix the code
> and submmit a fix; 2) file a bug report at https://bugs.horde.org/ or 3)
> Try using MySQL

So - - - - trying option 3.
Get to:

. . .
Writing main configuration file... done.

Creating and updating database tables...
  Fatal Error:
  SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column
'object_category' in 'field list'
  In /usr/share/php/Horde/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Base.php on line 233

I've tried running /usr/bin/horde-db-update  where I got:

# /usr/bin/horde-db-migrate
[  INFO  ] Migrating DB up.
[  INFO  ] Current imp schema version: 3
[  INFO  ] Ending imp schema version: 3
[  INFO  ] Current ingo schema version: 7
[  INFO  ] Ending ingo schema version: 7
[  INFO  ] Current kronolith schema version: 23
[  INFO  ] Ending kronolith schema version: 23
[  INFO  ] Current turba schema version: 9
Migrating to TurbaUpgradeCategoriesToTags (10)
== 10 TurbaUpgradeCategoriesToTags: migrating =================================
== 10 TurbaUpgradeCategoriesToTags: Migrating contact categories to tags. =====
-- select('SELECT object_uid, object_category, owner_id FROM turba_objects')
   -> 0.0000s
SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column
'object_category' in 'field list'
[  INFO  ] Current nag schema version: 14
[  INFO  ] Ending nag schema version: 14
[  INFO  ] Current mnemo schema version: 8
[  INFO  ] Ending mnemo schema version: 8
[  INFO  ] Current trean schema version: 5
[  INFO  ] Ending trean schema version: 5
[  INFO  ] Current gollem schema version: 3
[  INFO  ] Ending gollem schema version: 3
[  INFO  ] Current content schema version: 2
[  INFO  ] Ending content schema version: 2
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_ActiveSync schema version: 23
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_ActiveSync schema version: 23
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_Alarm schema version: 2
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_Alarm schema version: 2
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_Auth schema version: 1
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_Auth schema version: 1
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_Cache schema version: 2
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_Cache schema version: 2
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_Core schema version: 1
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_Core schema version: 1
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_Dav schema version: 2
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_Dav schema version: 2
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_Group schema version: 3
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_Group schema version: 3
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_History schema version: 6
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_History schema version: 6
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_Imap_Client schema version: 2
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_Imap_Client schema version: 2
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_Lock schema version: 3
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_Lock schema version: 3
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_Perms schema version: 3
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_Perms schema version: 3
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_Prefs schema version: 3
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_Prefs schema version: 3
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_Queue schema version: 1
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_Queue schema version: 1
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_Service_Weather schema version: 2
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_Service_Weather schema version: 2
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_SessionHandler schema version: 2
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_SessionHandler schema version: 2
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_SyncMl schema version: 1
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_SyncMl schema version: 1
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_Token schema version: 1
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_Token schema version: 1
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_Vfs schema version: 4
[  INFO  ] Ending Horde_Vfs schema version: 4

So I'm getting exactly the same error thrown as when I was trying to
install on a postgresql instance but now on a mariadb instance - - - it
would be quite funny if it weren't so frustrating.

What do I do now?
(Is there an upgrade/update for this 'turba' - - - - that's where the issue
seems to be sitting?)