[horde] Installation problem

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 20:03:30 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 7:25 AM Luis Felipe Marzagao
<lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Em 17/01/2020 10:19, o1bigtenor escreveu:

> > Bill
> >
> > Bill

# dpkg -l grep horde (and mariadb as 2 separate operations).
Then reinstalled first mariadb and then horde.
Was able to achieve:

Writing main configuration file... done.

Creating and updating database tables... done.

Configuring administrator settings

Specify an existing mail user who you want to give administrator
permissions (optional):

Writing main configuration file... done.

Thank you for using Horde Groupware Webmail Edition!

So success in the installation.

Except - - - - - - it would seem that my configuration either was inaccurate or
something else because when I point my browser at:

http://example.com/webmail/test.php   (as suggested at:
https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL)

the response is:
The requested URL was not found on this server.
Apache Server at example.com Port 80

I've checked:
1. mariadb database 'horde' conf files
MariaDB [(none)]> SHOW GRANTS FOR 'hordeadmin'@example.com
    -> ;
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'hordeadmin'@'example.com' IDENTIFIED BY
PASSWORD '*D7563A599125DADF0E31D023ACAC15F5E8813826' |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `horde`.* TO 'hordeadmin'@'example.com'

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

2. vi /etc/apache2/conf-available/horde.conf
Alias /horde /var/www/horde
ServerName webmail.example.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/horde
<Directory /var/www/horde>
           DirectoryIndex index.php
           Options +FollowSymLinks
           AllowOverride All
           Require all granted
           AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
           php_value include_path ".:/usr/share/php"
           php_value open_basedir "none"
           php_value upload_tmp_dir "/var/www/horde/tmp/"
</Directory>

Is there something I didn't do or am missing?

TIA