[horde] Password policy in OpenLDAP Server and its use in Horde.

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at ursc.gov.in
Fri Mar 13 03:13:48 UTC 2020

----- Message from Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> ---------
    Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 19:23:23 +0000
    From: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
Subject: Re: [horde] Password policy in OpenLDAP Server and its use in Horde.
      To: horde at lists.horde.org

> Zitat von ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at ursc.gov.in>:
>
>> Dear Members,
>>
>> I have configured Password policy in OpenLDAP Server.
>>
>> In our setup, we are using LDAP driver for authentication.
>>
>> Password module is allowing to change the passwords and is making
>> use of configured password policy in OpenLDAP.
>>
>> The only problem is, how to force a user to change password?
>>
>> I have set pwdMustChange: TRUE in LDAP password policy.  So, if
>> administrator sets password for a user, the user should change the
>> password on first login.  But, this is not happening.
>>
>> How, do I force a user to Password application for changing
>> password, when a password has been set by administrator for a user
>> when he logs in.
>>
>> Please give some pointers.....
>
> Do you actually have the users authenticating via LDAP, i.e. not
> just managing passwords?
>
> --
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project
> https://www.horde.org/

----- End message from Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> -----

YES. Users are authenticating via LDAP.

--
      सादर धन्यवाद/ Thanks & Regards
           अनंत / Anant

ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC) was renamed as U R Rao Satellite Centre (URSC).
Hence, the existing domain (isac.gov.in) is changed to new domain ursc.gov.in
resulting into change of e-mail address from user at isac.gov.in to
user at ursc.gov.in.
Please note this change and update your contact details for new domain
(ursc.gov.in).
message.