[horde] Any progress on Ckeditor porting? (was: Re: Crowfunding the port of IMP to latest ckeditor?)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon May 25 20:28:10 UTC 2020

Hi Michael,

On  Mo 25 Mai 2020 20:23:51 CEST, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de>:
>
>> Hi Michael, hi all,
>>
>> I recently took over maintenance of Horde in Debian (after all pkgs
>> had been removed recently due to packaging having become orphaned
>> by the previous maintainer).

>>> We definitely need to update to support at least 4.5.2 since this
>>> is needed to support the MS Edge browser. This would have to be
>>> done as part of IMP 7/Horde 6. However, we are extremely short on
>>> developer time at the moment so don't really even have an estimate
>>> of what this would require. Sponsoring/crowd funding would
>>> definitely help make this happen though.
>>
>> Are there any news reqgarding Ckeditor4 or 5 support in IMP? It is
>> desperately needed as upstream dropped support for ckeditor3 end of
>> 2019.
>
> Nope. Not as of yet. It's on the list, but we are still extremely
> short on developer time.

Yes, I get that. Let's hope that ckeditor3 can be injected into Debian
again for some more months / years. Please note that the ckeditor4
adaptation becomes more and more urgent from a distro point of view.

Thanks for your work on Horde,
Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31